This document is about how we use, and how we look after, information we have got about you.
TL/DR? These are the key facts:
You can always:
- ask us for a copy of the information we have about you
- ask us to update the information we have about you
- ask us to delete the information we have about you
We will always:
- follow the law on how we can keep and use the information we have about you
- make sure our policies are the best they can be
We will never:
- give the information we have about you to anyone else, unless…
- …you tell us we can
- …we think that doing so will protect you from harm
- …the law says we have to (e.g. to prevent a crime)
- use the information you have given us to sell you anything, unless you have told us we can
And here is more detail:
At Rochdale Musical Theatre Company we do our very best to keep the information we have about you safe and private. This goes for all the people we work with. It goes for other people who work with us too. We have made sure that we have set up good ways to keep information about you safe and private. We keep checking these to make sure they are as good as possible.
We keep to what the law says about using and looking after information about people. We will keep to the latest rules about this which are part of the law from 2018 onwards. (The main law is called the “Data Protection Act”. This became a law in 1998. The latest rules are called the General Data Protection Regulations 2018).
The sort of information we have about you might be your name, your date of birth, your email, or what you look like.
We might of course know other things about you as part of our work with you. As an example, we may need to use the email address you have given us to get in touch with you if we need to.
We only ask things about you that you want to tell us. We will not tell anyone else what we know about you.
You will also have told us some things about yourself if you have asked us to send you things through our Newsletter.
The law says there is only one we can use any information we have about you.
One is when you have given us your permission. We have only got your permission if you have actually told us it is ok. We can’t say you have given us permission just because you haven’t said “no” to something.
There can be times when the law says we must pass on some information about people. For example to help stop a crime. If the law says we have to pass something on we don’t have a choice. We aren’t allowed to say no, even if you haven’t given us permission.
If you give us permission, or we believe it will help us to help you, we might get another person or organisation to do some work for us on the information we have about you. We will only ask anyone to do this for us if we are sure they will not break the laws about keeping information about you safe and private.
We will never use the information you have given us to sell you anything, unless you have said we can.
The law says that you can always …
- Ask us for a copy of the information we have got about you
- Change the information we have got about you, or bring it up to date, if it is wrong
- Change how you’d like us to get in touch with you
- Ask us to delete all the information we have got about you (we will then do that, and just keep your name on a list of people we won’t get in touch with again)
- Tell us we can’t use information about you for anyone to sell you anything
- Tell us if you are worried about the way we are keeping or using information about you, and want to make a complaint about this.
To do any of these the email is email@example.com
We will get back to you in a month – or sooner.
You can get in touch with us if you have any questions about how we keep what we know about you safe and private.
About our website
Like lots of websites, ours downloads tiny files called “cookies” onto your computer. These help our website to work properly for you. You can find out lots about cookies on Wikipedia here.
One sort of cookie our website may put onto your computer is from Google. This is to see what people look at on our website, so we can make it better in the future. You can find out more about this on the “analytics” page on Google’s own website here.
Another sort of cookie that may go onto your computer is from one of the other sites you can get onto through our website – like Google Maps, YouTube, Vimeo, and Flickr. You would need to go onto their own websites to find out more about these.
You can stop your computer from having cookies put on it. The “Help” part of your computer’s web browser should tell you how to do this. It is best not to do this though, because stopping cookies can mean that websites like ours won’t work so well on your computer.
If things change in the future
We may change some of the things we have said here about what we do with things we know about you. If we have got your email address, we will send you an email to tell you about any big changes. Or we will tell people about any changes on our website. If you keep using our website, this will mean you are ok with those changes.